It's been a while...






In amongst commissions and running my Etsy shop, it seems I've really neglected my little blog! :( I've had a tough time recently, with trying to regain a little motivation. But after I noticed so many months had passed since I'd updated things on here (okay like, almost a year) I thought it was about time I posted some snaps of something new! This is a mixed media piece I've just finished, and I really enjoyed creating this one.
I had wanted to do another watercolour featuring a stag for some time and after I started the sketch for this piece way back in February,  I left it as I just wasn't all that inspired by it. But after finding it hidden in the back of my sketch pad a couple of days ago, I hoped to resurrect it with some splashes of watercolour and ink.

The drawing inks by Winsor and Newton really are my favourite, they're incredibly vivid and are perfect for working over fineliner detailing or using with watercolour to create lovely marbled effects.
I experimented with the drips using a pipette on the paper to create the effect on the dog rose flowers which was quite fun, and there's also a little bit of gouache in there too. I've been loving gouache recently, it's the perfect partner to watercolour for more opaque areas of a painting, it's really midway between acrylic and watercolour in terms of it's viscosity and I'm really looking forward to using it more often.

I'm currently in the process of testing out prints for this one, so hopefully I will be listing them along with some other new artworks, in my Etsy shop The Inky Deer soon.

Thanks for reading!
xxx
 

Follow on Bloglovin