Designing fabric + Zip pouches

Hello :)
I have been working on designing fabric patterns featuring my illustrations, with the intention of creating some products for my Etsy shop, and maybe expanding my range a little?
I'm testing out some little zip pouches for now, that could hold bits and bobs or lip balms and the odd bit of makeup. To be completely honest, I'm not incredibly well acquainted with my sewing machine, despite always having a love for using textiles and the urge to make my own clothes. 
The poor thing had been hidden in it's dust bag inside a cupboard for years! And I could probably have counted on one hand, the amount of times I'd used it.

It was only recently that I felt it was about time I had a little play around with it, and I actually made myself a couple of skirts, one from a 60's pattern too, and surprisingly, it's actually wearable! Well kinda...but that's another story!
I do know that sewing machines can be a bit temperamental until you start using them more frequently. So after a few more little projects and even a bandana for my dog,  I started some little zip pouches. 

There's a lot more work to be done, because I am a bit obsessive about straight seams and patterns matching up etc. and these aren't quite there yet. But I'm still excited to share these. I'm currently using the blue tits design below to hold my mircon pigma pens and its the perfect size!

I'm so excited to receive some more samples for the stag design and the sleeping fox design above, so that I can get started making a few more mini prototypes. Eventually I plan on making some larger flat bottom zip bags for cosmetics, toiletries etc. Because there is seriously something so addictive and rewarding about turning your artwork into a functional, useful item.

Thanks for reading!
xxx
 

Follow on Bloglovin