Sakura Micron® Pens - Magic in the Ink?


I am a lover of detail and intricacy within artwork in general. I strive for some detail in my own work and consequently, my favourite medium by far is a fineliner pen. So, on my quest for art supplies, I recently discovered Pigma® Micron® Pens by Sakura. I realise I'm late on the bandwagon with these - they've been around for a while. Honestly, I don't know what I did before I had them!

I'm sure all artists would agree that it's extremely important to ensure longevity in the art you make, after all the effort spent on a drawing/painting you definitely don't want it to fade after a few years. These pens contain an archival pigmented ink that's also acid free, so people in years to come can hopefully still see your hard work! 


Woodland RabbitWoodland Rabbit close-up

Obviously, they are amazingly precise. I also think they rival other fine liners I have used in the past, as they come in a good range of thicknesses and are reasonably priced. Sizes include  005 = 0.20 mm, 01 = 0.25 mm, 02 = 0.30 mm, 03 = 0.35 mm, 04 - 0.40mm, 05 = 0.45 mm, and 08 = 0.50 mm. I've found the 005 pen to be the most useful where you need a precise fine-point to add those extra little minute or 'micro' details, even create strokes as fine as a strand of hair.



You can buy them individually or as a set containing the full seven from a variety of art shop, or online at places such as Amazon or eBay for under £20. Overall, I highly recommend them to anyone looking for affordable pens, to add finer details to artwork without compromising on quality!

Thanks,
Follow on Bloglovin